Sunday, June 29, 2014

An open letter to my appetite


Hey,

You know how much I love you, but we really need to discuss your choices these days. Seriously, your neverending desire for Mexican fare has become a problem. We both know it is more a rental than a purchase as it is just passing through. While the amount of time spent in the water closet (see, that trip to London was worth it) provides an opportunity to catch up on my reading, it has left my stomach complaining as well as leaving me tender in certain places. Plus, the smell is less than appetizing although it doesn't seem to bother you. Why don't we just skip the middle man and drop that burrito directly in the commode? Okay, I know you'll never stop, so let's compromise. The chips and salsa, mild please, are wonderful. I realize asking you to end it with a chicken sandwich is unreal, so how about a basic taco or two, or even fajitas? Give it some thought the next time you guide us to one of the local Mexican joints.

Best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment