Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lunch

"I hope she doesn't show up today. She is so disgusting." Joseph propped his feet on the small filing cabinet while leaning back in his chair. He stared at her empty cube diagonally from his own.

"What? She'll be here, she said so yesterday." I felt awkward disagreeing with my friend, but I saw no problems with her - she was different, not like the rest of the drones.

"Did you see what she wore yesterday? God, it was disgusting."

"It was just jeans, yeah it was jeans and a t-shirt, right?" I was sort of mumbling while responding as I reflected - I looked over at Joseph in his jeans and shirt.

"Yeah, her mom jeans, her hair pulled back, looked like a dude, disgusting."

"Oh," I didn't know what to say. She had looked fine with me, nothing out of the ordinary. I turned and watched him from behind as he logged on his workstation. I began to ponder the source of his anger, the source of his resentment.

"I bet she pulls her hair back like that when she sucks him off." He laughed loudly before acting ashamed while looking around to see if others had overheard.

"Nice, suck the chrome off of a bumper." I immediately felt a stab of shame as I had fallen into man mode while making a joke.

"Disgusting, her vag probably drags the ground. She's disgusting."

"Geez, easy." I regretted it as soon as I said it. Joseph swiveled and eyeballed me. There was a long silence before he laughed and returned to his computer.

"When she shows, we're not going to lunch, she's not going with us."

"Ah, she usually brings her lunch anyway." I didn't loathe having lunch with her, she always had interesting conversation while Joseph said the same things over and over - none interesting outside the discussion of who we'd like to fuck.

"You see the way she always looks at us, wants us, wants to go with us, not this time."

"Well, we can't, well, it'll be fine." It all makes sense as I scroll through emails, something happened with them as they were chatty only a couple weeks prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment