Friday, April 27, 2007

Listen


Snow tumbled to the ground as I gazed out the window. Drivers were inched forward on the suddenly slippery side street. The snow piled innocently on the cold asphalt as my mind returned to the previous night. I could think of nothing else.

“Joe? Joe!?”

The words traveled to the deep recesses of my brain before they were processed. I spun the chair around too fast and ended up facing the same window, but I could see the stares as I flew past. I turned the chair again – slowly – and faced the scrutiny of my colleagues. Beads of sweat broke out across my forehead – I hadn’t been listening to a single word in the meeting.

“Joe, are you with us?” The big boss, Mike, drummed his fingers on the table while waiting for an answer.

“Yeah, I’m here – present!” I was the only person smiling.

“Good to hear, and what do you think?”

“About what?”

“The proposal!” The irritation was now painfully obvious as Mike’s neck faded to red. It was a common occurrence, and an obvious clue of his consternation.

“I’m really sorry, I zoned out for a minute, but I’m impressed with what I saw in the printout.” I took the middle ground, admitting I hadn’t been listening and lying about reading the document. I hoped the proposal was actually good.

“No problem, this snow has everybody in an uproar. You’d think it never snowed – hell, I’m not worried about it.” Mike slapped his hand on the table and the rest of the group recognized the moment and forced a chuckle. I felt her eyes upon me - she wasn’t laughing, but I knew how to make her laugh.

“Yeah, I think the children are being released from school early,” I scratched my chin while looking in her direction.

The top two buttons of her satin blouse were open. No imagination was necessary since I had been there, but it was still arousing – especially watching the other guys nervously steal glances. The tight knee-length black skirt was the perfect complement along with the matching black heels. I wanted to pull her onto the table and push that skirt up - again. I wondered if she was wearing anything underneath, or was she riding bareback like last night. I nervously dried my hands on my slacks.

“Well, I agree,” Mike leaned back authoritatively in his chair.

“About the school closings?” I had zoned out again and the room filled with real laughter.

“Yeah, right,” Mike slapped the table again and shook the proposal in the air. I rearranged my papers to keep my hands moving. I had only doodled on the front page. I felt a nudge in my side and turned to see Dave’s smiling face.

“You okay?” He seemed genuinely concerned and I wondered why.

“Yeah, why? What’s up?”

“Oh, you’ve been staring into space and what’s with the drawing?” He pointed to my paper as I looked down and noticed one small man shooting another – red ink would’ve been a nice touch.

“Oh, watching too many dumb movies, I’m just a bit tired today – feel like building a snowman.” I laughed to dismiss Dave and turned and locked my eyes on the cleavage. I slowly traveled up the bare chest – jumping from freckle to freckle until our eyes met.

“Okay, Dave, review the numbers and you and I can meet with Joe tomorrow to make sure the finances are okay.” Mike stood to announce the end of the meeting. Nobody was in a rush as they milled around chatting. I timed my steps to join her at the door.

“You okay?” She looked up into my eyes and caught herself while reaching out to touch my face. That was not something we wanted to do in the office in front of everyone, although the rumors were probably already in motion.

“Yeah, just tired, up too late again.” I forced another smile.

“Still having trouble sleeping?”

“You could say that.”

“Well, I could certainly cure that.” She winked and slowly walked to her office. I watched the curvy body escape behind her door.

“Nice isn’t it?” Dave saddled up beside me and slapped my shoulder.

“Huh?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. While I don't want to build a snowman, I'd like to do some plowing with her.” He patted me again and walked away.

“Yeah, uhm, that sounds good.” I mumbled to myself as my mind returned to the previous night. I cautiously approached her office to make sure I wasn't being watched. I gently knocked and pushed the door open. She immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me inside while closing and locking the door.

"What took you so long?" Her speech was frantic as she pushed me against the closed door and our lips met. I pushed her to the desk and dropped to my knees, I had to see what was under that skirt today. I felt nothing but skin as my hand slid under the fabric, she gasped as one finger disappeared inside her.

No comments:

Post a Comment