Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Her


"Are you sure you want to do this?" I try to conceal my anxiety while double-checking the bathroom location - in case I really do vomit.

"Yes."

"Really, it serves no purpose, I can easily get you a picture." My religion returns as I pray the other woman does not show up.

"You see her?"

"No." I cant't decide if she is anxious like me or just excited. The latter makes me more nauseous.

"Well, keep looking." She pulls her skirt down while sliding onto a nearby bar stool.

"I am." My heart skips as the familiar figure appears across the room. Time seems to stand still as I consider whether to finger her, or not.

"Is that her?"

"Uh, who?" I both want to get this over with and avoid it entirely.

"The one you're staring at." She grabs my shoulder and puls me back out of her vision so she can get a better look.

"Yeah, that might be her."

"You're such a bad liar."

"Really?" Her announcement surprises me as I wonder if it is true and what else she knows.

"Yes, now sit down over here." She motions for me to take the seat next to her.

"So, there she is." Her eyes tighten on the target.

"Yeah." I hang my head in defeat.

"Wow, she is nothing like I expected." She giggles while slapping my shoulder.

"Sorry to disappoint you." I am suddenly embarrassed that I hadn't chose a more attractive woman, but then again she said I am a bad liar.

"Well, I expected more, I guess she makes up for it with conversation or something else." She rolls her eyes as our drinks arrive.

"I don't know about that." I mumble while paying the waitress.

"You don't?" She stares at me while sipping her drink.

"No."

"So, you didn't fuck her?"

"Well, kind of, yes, but."

"But what? There is no gray area with fucking."

"I know." It was the same argument from months ago, and I had no desire to repeat it.

"Yes, I guess you do. I guess with a body like that she has to make up for it, so she did all the kinky shit you like?"

"Can we go?" I can't remember why I had come here and I want to run.

"What, you not having fun?" She downs the rest of her drink and slams the glass on the table.

"Not really."

"I want to talk to her." She straightens her hair and looks at me with a look that suggests I will provide an introduction.

"What? Why?" I can feel the vomit forming in my stomach.

"I've never talked to a whore, so this will be interesting."

"Yes you have, remember my brother's first girlfriend?"

"Funny, but don't try to change to subject."

"That's your choice, but I want no part of it."

"You became part of it when you spread those pudgy legs."

"Maybe, but from this point you are on your own. Just tell her your name, she knows who you are."

"If she really knew me, we wouldn't be having this conversation."
I shrug my shoulders while watching our waitress serve another table, her body is unbelievable.

"Okay, I'm going to do it, I'll be back."

"Jesus." I turn away as the nightmare unfolds. I motion to the waitress for another drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment