Thursday, April 28, 2022

No Access

Dear Editor,


I would very much love to read what others in the community think about the myriad of issues facing us, but alas your site is locked down - only subscribers can access. This group includes those that subscribe to the old school print edition that lands on the doorstop or in the mailbox daily, or rather that is the agreement when paying for it. However, I was a paying subscriber for 22 years - I kept paying even when the prices were raised annually  - but sporadically received the newspaper the last two years of my membership. There were repeated telephone calls and emails exchanged that basically asked to receive the actual product, but the service worsened especially when the actual printing of it left its hometown and moved 2 hours north to Indianapolis. I paid for a product rarely received as both national and local news outlets bemoaned the demise of the newspaper. The subscription was cancelled after the final round with customer support where delivery was guaranteed and nothing arrived the next two weeks. I miss the days, especially weekends, of leafing through the thin pages reading the various stories and examining box scores, but I have now settled into a non-newspaper experience as I gather news from various other sources. 


Formerly devoted reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment