Friday, June 3, 2022

Let your mind go

I was going to say I dunno since I'm not a writer, but I guess anybody that puts pen to paper or finger to keyboard is a writer regardless of whether anybody sees it, but I always think of a writer as someone that is published. If somebody asks what you do and you answer "I'm a writer", they are going to want to see the results and will probably expect a book. However, there is so much writing going on - emails, texts, cards, reports, presentations and then there is technical writing, articles, instructions, warnings, screen plays, advertisements and the big dogs - books, so many books and so little time. I would lay out the following list for those that want to be a writer - however they see it materializing ...

  1. Read, no really, read a lot.
  2. Write
  3. Write some more
  4. Relax and think, think about what you read, think about life, as Aretha said "Let your mind go, let yourself be free."
  5. Review others, provide feedback - tell them how it makes you feel, what you liked, ask questions and always .. be kind.
  6. Keep writing, even when the well is dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment