Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Opportunities

I cannot for the life of me think of a single example of something I did not do and then got a second chance at it. The term "second chance" floods my brain with things I would love a second chance like if I had a second chance with school, I would have taken it more seriously and applied myself (the exact thing my teachers said I did not do). There is always the one that got a away, so maybe a second change with her would be good (or not). Furthermore, it has always been a personal motto to take advantage of the moment, so much so that a friend always made funny of me for telling them to do something because "who knows when you will get this chance again?" I have always used this approach when traveling for work - do and see things wherever they would send me, because who knows if I would ever return (in most cases I never did). Finally, my father passed away a couple years ago and my siblings groaned about wanting more time with him to tell them their thoughts (he was not a nice person), but I was content as I found many opportunities to give dad a so-called piece of my mind and he never shied away from doing the same to me - in the end, we both knew where the other stood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment