Friday, February 23, 2007

Insulted


"This is outrageous." He walks with head down.
"What do you mean?" I respond.
"What do I mean? What DO I MEAN? I mean she is fucking nuts!" He waves his hands like a third base coach waving the runner home.
"Well, I don't know, did something happen?"
"Are you blind?" He raises his head and looks in my eyes.
"Listen, just tell me what the hell you're talking about." My patience is nearing its end.
"Did you hear what she said to me?" He stands with arms folded awaiting my response.
"I'm not sure, but from the tone of your voice, I probably didn't HEAR what you did."
"She looked me straight in the eyes and said 'God, you are a mess' after I told that story about my brother and the body."
"Oh, okay, oh really? I didn't hear anything." I search my brain for any clue of the conversation he describes.
"Yeah, she has her fucking nerve, she should look in the goddamn mirror herself!"
"Oh, well, she was probably just fucking with you. You know how she is, so calm down."
"No, no she wasn't. I hate to be judged!" He is visibly angry.
"What's the big deal what she thinks? Fuck her." I await a response as he looks away, and it finally hits me. His body language reveals everything. I can't believe it.
"Oh, o-okay." I shake my head as his eyes avoid my gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment