Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Water


I lean while pushing the lever forward. I watch it pour from the spout and wait the requisite minute as I was taught. My lips meet the flow head on as I let it run across them before opening my mouth. I slowly part my lips and it penetrates my mouth. It caresses my dry throat. I close my eyes and mouth and smile as the water continues. I push my tongue between the lips and lap at the water like a dog. I can’t remember it tasting so good. I lean closer and position my lips – like a big kiss except my mouth is open – to receive as much as possible. I feel its coolness travel down and through my body. I am energized and relieved. I release the lever and it snaps back into place. I pull back and wipe my mouth with the front of my shirt. I turn and survey the surroundings. I can’t figure out if running is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment