Thursday, March 29, 2007

Itch


"You wanna do something crazy?" She leans over and whispers in my ear.

"Uh, sure, what did you have in mind?" I feel the hairs on my neck raise while my mind loops through the possibilities - things I'd like to do with her.

"Don't sound so enthusiastic, nevermind." She pushes away from me and looks out the window.

"No, I'm game, what's up." I move in my seat while trying to adjust myself without her noticing - an aerobic exercise without using my hands.

"Well." She abruptly turns her head to face me again and wrinkles her brow while watching me move.

"Yeah, go on."

"What are you doing?" She folds her arms across her chest, like my mom, awaiting my explanation.

"Nothing, I had an itch." I didn't want to go any further.

"Where at? Can I help?"

"No, that's okay." I want nothing better than her touching me down there, but this relationship is nowhere near that point. If it was, I would be scratching myself without a worry.

"Seriously, turn around and I'll take care of your itch." She makes a swirl motion with her hand, which apparently is her symbol for turning around.

"No, it's not there, don't worry about it." I want her to drop it and return to her wacky idea.

"Well, where is it?"

"Nevermind." I can't figure out if she is teasing or is really slow.

"I can help, oh, oh okay, well." Her laughing is uncontrollable as she realizes my dilemma.

"Yeah."

"Here, let me turn around and you go for it, tell me when you are done." She turns and stares out the window yet again. I watch a few people strolling by the car as I my fingers take care of business.

"Alrighty." I stare at her hands, imagining them touching me, as she turns around with a big smile on her face.

"I have to admit, I could see you in the window. Don't be embarrassed, it didn't look so bad." She smacks her leg while laughing.

"Gee, thanks, ever hear of closing your eyes?"

"Oh, don't be silly, we've been friends long enough for you not to be so silly."

"Anyway, so were you going to say before I interrupted you?" I want to get back to her crazy idea.

"It doesn't seem so crazy now after your ordeal."

"I'm glad you are so easily entertained."

"Yeah, well you have a lot to learn about me."

"Likewise." My eyes scan her body as she stares at a man across the street.

"Is he watching us?"

"Who?"

"That guy, over there. Wait, don't look, watch this." She proceeds to bury and bob her head in my lap.

"What are you doing?" I am quickly becoming aroused and want to avoid another awkward moment.

"Is he watching?"

"No, he is gone."

"Oh, sorry, I thought he was watching us."

"You shouldn't be so paranoid."

"I guess I could have taken care of your itch while I was down there." She giggles and an uneasy silence follows.

"Yeah, that would have been funny." My words are forced as I feel the excitement recede.

"So, I was thinking we could go to that grease pit over on third and get a sloppy burger and fries, total junk food. You game?"

"Wow, that IS crazy." I roll my eyes and reach for the ignition keys.

"Disappointed? We don't have too."

"No, I'm hungry." I glance over my shoulder while easing away from the curb and thinking of the quickest way to get to the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment