Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Selective


"Did you see what just happened?" He stands with total disgust on his face, hands on hips and shaking his head while watching her walk away.

"Well, I don't know." I have no clue what is bothering him.

"You don't know?" An incredulous smile stretches across his face.

"That's what I said, so cut the shit and tell me what's on your mind." I stare at my cell phone, which is now my watch, to check the time.

"She acted like she didn't know who I am." He gives me a manic smile.

"Did she?"

"Yes, she said hello to you and walked away." He points in her direction, as if I forgot who were are discussing.

"No, I remember that part, but you two have previously met?"

"Yes, we met at Mark's house that time, what was it, that party he had, I guess it was just a party, but I was thinking New Year's." He rubs his face while contemplating a party that I can't remember.

"Oh, well, maybe she forgot."

"How did she forget?"

"Dude, what's the deal, she's nobody. So she didn't remember you, let it go." I fish the keys from my jacket pocket.

"It isn't that." He leans forward while running his hands through his hair.

"C'mon, spill it." I recognize his behavior, it means he is hiding something.

"Well, we made out in Mark's laundry room."

"Really?" I squint my eyes while searching for her, I can't remember her level of attractiveness.

"Don't sound so surprised, some people like me." For some reason, he is visibly hurt.

"No, it isn't that. I am surprised you didn't say anything back then."

"I guess I forgot."

"Whatever, you never forget to talk about anything else."

"Well, she was pretty drunk when it happened, and the lights were off, so maybe she doesn't remember."

"She'd have to be. No, I'm kidding." I reveal the joke before his feelings are further bruised.

"Real funny."

"So, what aren't you telling me?"

"Well, this is weird."

"C'mon, tell me, I gotta go in a few minutes."

"She kept calling me Mark while we were going at it."

"What?"

"Yeah, and I undid her pants and she told me to do that thing she liked. Shit, I had no clue what she was talking about since we had just met."

"Hold on, how'd you end up in the laundry room with her?"

"I opened the wrong door on the way to the bathroom. You remember his old apartment, those doors in the hallway were confusing."

"That's true." An image of the apartment materializes in my head.

"So, I open the door and she pulls me in while asking what took so long."

"God, you are no good."

"What?"

"You know what."

No comments:

Post a Comment