Thursday, May 4, 2023

Connections

In the end, the stranger that knocked me down also helped to reinforce my own core beliefs which includes: Empathize with others to walk in their shoes and know something of their experience Best laid plans never go as laid out, It is okay to not be okay and health is fragile. Live life to the fullest as you never know what tomorrow brings The final point needs repeating - If you put something off to tomorrow then it may never happen, like when/if you are laid up with a virus. I realize these are all cliches and my ideas continue to form (and are not unique), but my biggest ah-ha moment (which is a repeat event in my life) is the importance of connections. The connection with my partner had been frayed for some time, but it was not dead and the illness provided the time to repair, remembering why we have put up with each other for so many years. However, connections with others is important as well to live a good life and my connecting with a group of friends at a user group meeting led to an illness. And, my strong connection to my work (both day job and side gigs) strained my connection at home, so never forget to maintain balance and set priorities while maintaining connections. Proverbs 27:17 proclaims: “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another”

No comments:

Post a Comment