Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Get moving

 It is an unusually warm day for April as I enter the gym - doors automatically slide open as the walk inside. I look for my friend as goosebumps cover my limbs - the a/c is blasting. A text message tells me to look straight ahead, I look up and see the wave and quickly walk in that direction. I jump on the elyptical machine adjacent to them and the workout begins.


I am swallowed by the cool air, bodies moving in every direction. The bright purple creatures fill the room - arms swinging back and forth while many stand idle. Surveying the landscape, go east, go north? Am I in the right place? My hand vibrates, squinted eyes make the words legible. A wave in the distance, back and forth in rhythm with those nearby. The hand blends into the yellow wall as I approach. Smiles exchanged, communication without words as I hop on the beast and ascend. Moisture covers the alabaster limbs as I ascend.

No comments:

Post a Comment