Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Keep walking

 If you asked her, it did not happen. There were no phone calls or long talks. The tension never existed. There were no smiles, no flipping of the hair or batted eyelashes. Our hands did not touch nor did our bodies. Her hair did not smell like strawberries and she did not have a favorite vanilla scented lotion. She certainly did not spend time in the backseat of my car, and I never saw the inside of her parents house. I could not tell you the name of her dog (Fluffy) or if her parents were together (divorced when she was fifteen). The small birth mark on her lower back and the tiny freckles on the bridge of her nose were certainly not verified. The movie, the pizza and the drinks certainly were not shared. The misunderstand and subsequent argument certainly did not cause a scene in the work parking lot. Her eyes told me all of this as we strode past each other at the mall.  She walked while holding hands with I can only guess was her partner. I did stop, turn and watch as they turned a corner, she gave me a quick glance and then they were gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment