Thursday, May 12, 2022

Just laugh

 I flip flopped on what to write about - my large nose or sense of humor. I guess the nose is visible, so it is not so unknown. I often make a joking reference to it and people will giggle - the kind of laugh that lets you know what they had been thinking all along. Anyway, I settled on humor as it how I make it through most days. If you talked to a therapist - not mine as they aren't allowed to talk about me - they'd call it a defense mechanism. That's how my family would push forward through some not-so-funny moments, we'd find humor in it, laugh and move forward. It's how I make it through most days in corporate America - find the humor in the moment or what somebody says and does. A good laugh is an elixir for the mundane nature of the work and the inane meetings. Now that I think of examples of the humor, maybe the stuff is not so funny, some of it a little mean. There was a sort of training meeting the other day and we asked for questions which was framed with "there are no dumb questions" whereas my friend asked a question and I immediately said "okay, I change my mind, there are dumb questions" and the group laughed followed by a good discussion. Wait, maybe my high school teacher was on point and the problem is my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment