Thursday, May 19, 2022

New ending for tomorrow

Hey, there is dad’s friend Eddie. He gave me a Coke earlier when we were in the bar. He told me that he hoped I turned out better than my old man and everybody had laughed. That was nice of him to encourage me. Dad was smoking and Eddie told me not to start that nasty habit and end up a runt like Dad. Boy, people were really laughing.


I’m getting tired, but there is no way I am sleeping on that couch. Dad said I could sleep with him. It is so hot in the room. I hope I don’t wake him up.


I lower myself into the bed, my body disappearing behind dad lying on his back, like the sun setting behind a mountain. I lie down, staring at the ceiling, I wish it was tomorrow. The sunlight will wash over us and make everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment